Please click on figure to make it larger (original here).
Note how gun sales spiked in November 2008, but they were down in November 2009, though still higher than previous Novembers. The same spike occurred again in November 2012, and again the November a year later shows the same pattern -- lower than November 2012, but still higher than all the previous Novembers.
The pattern seems clear: Obama wins election and there is a very large temporary increase in gun sales. Gun sales remain high a year later, but down from what they were right when Obama was elected.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Politico spins gun control debate positively for g...
- So is it better to get an ad for the Super Bowl re...
- Despite the hoopla, 3D printed plastic guns are at...
- Gun permits in Massachusetts taking almost five mo...
- The coming train wreck if the insurance being boug...
- Changes in state mental health care since Newtown
- Obama pushing gun control rallies on Newtown anniv...
- Chinese Censorship in media and research
- Interview on Cam and Company about how gun bans in...
- Apple's 'Find my Mac' app led to arrests in murder...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)