This is a clip from a show that I did with Piers immediately after the Newtown tragedy. If I had an extra minute, I would have explained why gun free zones increase crime: law-abiding citizens are disarmed relative to criminals, and the bans actually make it easier for criminals to commit crimes. That said, I am frequently asked why I appear on Piers' show. I hope that clips such as this indicate even in the few times that I can talk I get facts out that otherwise wouldn't get into the popular discussion.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Bryan-College Station, Texas: Violent ex-boyfriend...
- Stunning: Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul ...
- "Rural Colorado school allows teachers to carry co...
- Ranking Concealed Carry States
- Chicago Tribune opinion piece for Tuesday's Senate...
- Senate hearing: "Durbin “Stand Your Ground” hearin...
- Despite promises, Obama adm knew 50 to 75 percent ...
- Discredited Media Matters offers more misleading i...
- Overestimating subsidies is one way to increase si...
- Chris Wallace explains to Juan Williams that there...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)