12/07/2012

Charles Barkley on carrying a concealed handgun

From USA Today:
TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley, saying he feels safer carrying a gun, says the issue in the wake of the Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher shootings is domestic violence, not gun control. 
"There's never a reason to hit a woman, touch a woman, or obviously kill a woman," Barkley tells USA TODAY Sports. 
"I hope people don't (overemphasize) the gun situation. I'm very sensitive to domestic violence because I have a daughter (23-year-old Christiana), and that's just one thing that I cannot accept in any shape or form whatsoever. It's just a crazy situation. 
"I don't get into the gun stuff. Some guys have guns who go hunting. Where do we stop (the gun control) at? I'm not a hunter, but we can't say people can't have guns. ... Let's not make this thing about guns. Let's make this about mistreating women. That's unacceptable." . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home