8/22/2012

Obama: "You Can't Just Make Stuff Up. That's Something That You Learn As President."

Is Obama serious?  Where does one start on his obviously false claims that the media never calls him on?  From Obama's brief press conference on August 20th:
So the contrast I think is pretty stark.  They can run the campaign that they want, but the truth of the matter is you can't just make stuff up.  That's one thing you learn as President of the United States.  You get called into account.  . . .
This statement from Jake Tapper might explain why he gets away with this:
"I have said before -- I said that I thought the media helped tip the scales. I don't think the coverage in 2008 was especially fair to either Hillary Clinton or John McCain.  Sometimes I saw with story selection, magazine covers, photos picked, you know, campaign narrative, it wasn’t always the fairest coverage and I hope that doesn't happen again." 
Chuck Todd seems to agree in explaining the coverage of the abortion debate instead of the economy:
Well, this is a chicken and egg conversation. This is a distraction. I don’t think it’s a distraction you can quote, blame on the media on this one. It’s not media bias, it’s media, it’s what they’re covering, and the fact is we are under-covering the economy, we are under-covering -- but you cover the campaign that is in front of you. . . . 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home