Remember just over a year ago when Obama confessed that "'Shovel-ready' was not as shovel-ready as we expected." Well that was then. Now Obama is back on the old claim: "If we’re investing in roads and bridges, putting some hard hats back to work, getting our steel workers back to work, they got some more money to spend. Maybe they buy that new computer. Maybe they decide to take a little vacation. And all that money circulates in the economy and it makes us all grow." Of course, there are other problems such as where the money has to come from.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- GM's profits plummet
- "TEENAGER KILLS 8 , WOUNDS 5 IN CHINA KNIFE ATTACK...
- New piece in the Wall Street Journal: What Mayor B...
- How to measure the US success in the Olympics?
- Austan Goolsbee: 'We're definitely better off'
- Gallup Economic Confidence Index falls further int...
- Five BATF employees at the heart of the Fast and F...
- More examples of government waste: "dozens of ques...
- Democrats frustrated that one of their own won't f...
- Vote for Ted Cruz for US Senate in Texas
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)