One aspect of Sarah Palin's statements about Paul Revere has been ignored: that the British were trying to disarm Americans. It is an important point because it helps explain why Americans felt so strongly about the Second Amendment. A nice article on this point is available here. Of course, Palin was right about the rest of what she said about Revere's famous ride also. Would Obama have gotten either of these points correct?
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Poll numbers for some of the new Republican Govern...
- Bachmann's chances in Iowa
- How the Supreme Court makes a mess of things
- Gallup: How should we solve the deficit problem
- Gallup: Economic Confidence Falling
- "Kasich Will Sign 'Guns In Bars' Bill"
- Nutty willingness to pay measure behind EPA's clai...
- Comparing Canadian and US unemployment rates durin...
- The Change in Canadian and US net Debt as a percen...
- Senate Democrats and WH try to avoid taking positi...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)