I have posted multiple times on the push to end the electoral college. One thing for proponents to at least explain is that if they succeed, what will happen to the primaries? Parties use state primaries as a way of guaging the strength of different candidates, but if there is no electoral college, surely both parties will want to move to a selection process that gets the candidate best suited tp winning the new way of determining the winner in November.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Gun Store Owners: A thankless job
- "Seven Nation International Gun Control Effort"
- Snakes and human evolution
- Levitt's argument for dismissal
- Woman uses shotgun to stop wolf attack
- Gun Ownership in Mexico (or the lack of legal gun ...
- So which side is more heroic?
- More trouble for Senator Joe Lieberman from Bill C...
- Close race could determine passage of right-to-car...
- Concealed handgum permit holder stops knife attack...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)