Brit Hume's Special Report explains why Israel had fired on the UN position in Lebanon. According to a Canadian general who spoke with the Canadian member of the UN crew that was killed, Hezbollah was apparently "all over his position and the IDF were targeting them." "Terrorists groups often use the UN troops as shields knowing that they can't be punished." It appears as if the UN is not just sitting there, but actually helping out the terrorists, at least indirectly.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- No relation between "power of hurricanes, global w...
- Store owner defends herself with gun
- "House OKs ban on taking guns during disaster"
- Hunting game "popular with urbanites in liberal ar...
- A minor complication: getting rid of the electoral...
- Gun Store Owners: A thankless job
- "Seven Nation International Gun Control Effort"
- Snakes and human evolution
- Levitt's argument for dismissal
- Woman uses shotgun to stop wolf attack
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)