I am always somewhat doubtful about medical journal empirical studies and I haven't had a chance to look at this paper, but the findings are interesting: "We usually have only one shot at a very large-scale trial on a particular issue," [Dr. Michael Thun] said. The results, the study investigators agreed, do not justify recommending low-fat diets to the public to reduce their heart disease and cancer risk.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Some bad economic advice
- Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens
- Illinois Gov Rod Blagojevich in trouble in the pol...
- A confession
- The ABA Responds to my op-ed in the New York Times...
- Vote on best gun blog
- A note from a law school student
- Research on Guns and Road Rage
- Comment on Broke Back Mountain
- WHAT POLICE HAVE SAID ABOUT THE CANADIAN GUN REGIS...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)