I am always somewhat doubtful about medical journal empirical studies and I haven't had a chance to look at this paper, but the findings are interesting: "We usually have only one shot at a very large-scale trial on a particular issue," [Dr. Michael Thun] said. The results, the study investigators agreed, do not justify recommending low-fat diets to the public to reduce their heart disease and cancer risk.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Some bad economic advice
- Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens
- Illinois Gov Rod Blagojevich in trouble in the pol...
- A confession
- The ABA Responds to my op-ed in the New York Times...
- Vote on best gun blog
- A note from a law school student
- Research on Guns and Road Rage
- Comment on Broke Back Mountain
- WHAT POLICE HAVE SAID ABOUT THE CANADIAN GUN REGIS...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)