3/23/2016

Trump has clearly done a better job of explaining his positions

Those who have read my posts know that I have been critical of Donald Trump.  That said, I believe he has definitely grown as a candidate.  He has also explained his views on guns and other issues much more clearly, and I have become convinced that he actually means what he has been saying.  I can understand how a businessman in New York City, who wants to stay in good graces with the political establishment there, must toe a particular political line, and I can believe that has been true in his case.

Even on trade, anyone who looks at the incredibly long and complicated trade treaties must acknowledge that much of these agreements involve creating wealth transfers to politically well connected and powerful groups, companies and unions.  Not actions that benefit the US as a whole.  I think on a statement such as that the vast majority of economists would agree that the trade treaties could be dramatically improved.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home