7/18/2015

With the debate over whether soldiers should be armed, here is an Army veteran who knew exactly how to use a gun, may have saved a life


From WALB in Georgia about an Army veteran with a concealed handgun permit who stopped an armed robbery and may have saved a life.  The event occurred in Sycamore, Georgia:
An Army veteran speaks, out after firing three shots at an armed robber in Sycamore. The store clerk says Don Rogers may have saved his life. 
Investigators left the gas station Friday afternoon, with glass was shattered earlier from  Rogers' shots. It's damage the clerk would take any day if it means his life was saved. . . .  
This Vietnam veteran was in this Sycamore gas station getting change for a 20 when his day took a bizarre turn. "I heard somebody say "put the money in the bag". So I looked up and I seen this gentleman holding a pistol on the clerk," said Rogers. . . .  
The gun-carrying veteran pulled his weapon on the robber. "And when I did, he looked over at me and turned my way and I fired a shot. And he grabbed his side and then I fired two more shots before he got out the door," said Rogers. 
Two of the shots hit 18-year old Devin Burton. Burton got into a car driven by, 17-year old Marleigh Agner, and the couple took off down Denham Road, but Burton's condition worsened so they stopped to call 911.  . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home