9/30/2013

Toledo, Ohio: Woman with gun stops man who was kicking down her front door at 4:45 AM

From ABC Channel 13 in Toledo, Ohio:
Tense moments in the early morning hours, as a woman carrying a gun confronts a man trying to get into her home. 
The attempted home invasion happened on the 1900 block of Loxley near Upton, just before 5 a.m. Thursday. 
It proved Betty Collins is a woman who stands her ground - with a gun in her hand.
"I said, 'Get on the ground.' and he got on his knees. I said, 'no, put your face in the dirt and you're gonna stay there.'," recounted Collins. 
The past two mornings, she says, someone has stolen items from her car. 
This morning, she says someone was trying to get into her house. . . .  
Collins says wearing shoes and shorts - no shirt, and at 4:45 in the morning, he started heading toward her house, then started kicking the door, trying to get inside. 
"I screamed as loud as I could, 'get off my porch. I have a gun. I will shoot you.' And he stayed at the door," explained Collins. "I'm like, 'Get off my porch. I have a gun. I will shoot you.' He didn't move, so I opened the door and there he was standing 5 inches from the barrel of a loaded .357." . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home