A transcript of the debate on Wednesday night is available here. Thanks to Derek Bernard for this link. As he points out in a note, no one in this debate mentions: "The most important and fundamental reasons for ownership of firearms by the public are self-defence and as a bar to dictatorship – many statements made it clear that only serious sporting applications and vermin control are acceptable “good reasons” for having a gun."
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- So how well have the ADP employment numbers predic...
- So did tax rules the threat of the coming tax chan...
- Smoking gun cable found leading up to Benghazi att...
- "President of Troy, Mo., bank pulls gun, nabs mask...
- CBS/NY Times poll gives Dems 5 percentage point gr...
- Rasmussen: Romney 279, Obama 243
- Amazing pictures of NYC from hurricane Sandy
- Fiat moving Chrysler and Jeep production to China ...
- Ann Althouse on how the Democratic Party lost both...
- The distributional effects of getting rid the home...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)