A transcript of the debate on Wednesday night is available here. Thanks to Derek Bernard for this link. As he points out in a note, no one in this debate mentions: "The most important and fundamental reasons for ownership of firearms by the public are self-defence and as a bar to dictatorship – many statements made it clear that only serious sporting applications and vermin control are acceptable “good reasons” for having a gun."
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- So how well have the ADP employment numbers predic...
- So did tax rules the threat of the coming tax chan...
- Smoking gun cable found leading up to Benghazi att...
- "President of Troy, Mo., bank pulls gun, nabs mask...
- CBS/NY Times poll gives Dems 5 percentage point gr...
- Rasmussen: Romney 279, Obama 243
- Amazing pictures of NYC from hurricane Sandy
- Fiat moving Chrysler and Jeep production to China ...
- Ann Althouse on how the Democratic Party lost both...
- The distributional effects of getting rid the home...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)