So other than raising personal income taxes what does Obama have a mandate for? Does anyone remember a discussion about carbon taxes during the campaign? Of course, during the 2008 campaign Obama promised to cut spending and then claimed a mandate to massively increase spending. Now we have this vague warning being floated.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- The mixed view from the state legislatures
- Can you count the number of over the top political...
- New Op-ed piece: The financial crisis can't explai...
- Some random notes
- The Dumb way to commit Vote Fraud
- Newest Fox News piece: "Four years later, Obama's ...
- NYDN: New Yorkers feel afraid and isolated, turn t...
- How Democrats used to use Patronage in Tennessee t...
- Watch how kids react to having their candy redistr...
- 194,000 jobs, 14.7 million more people on food sta...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)