So other than raising personal income taxes what does Obama have a mandate for? Does anyone remember a discussion about carbon taxes during the campaign? Of course, during the 2008 campaign Obama promised to cut spending and then claimed a mandate to massively increase spending. Now we have this vague warning being floated.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- The mixed view from the state legislatures
- Can you count the number of over the top political...
- New Op-ed piece: The financial crisis can't explai...
- Some random notes
- The Dumb way to commit Vote Fraud
- Newest Fox News piece: "Four years later, Obama's ...
- NYDN: New Yorkers feel afraid and isolated, turn t...
- How Democrats used to use Patronage in Tennessee t...
- Watch how kids react to having their candy redistr...
- 194,000 jobs, 14.7 million more people on food sta...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)