The exclusively federal share of spending on means-tested federal welfare spending federal programs is up 32 percent since 2008, and now comprises 21 percent of federal outlays. The total amount spent on these 80-plus federal welfare programs by both the federal and state governments amounts to roughly $1.03 trillion. See an additional discussion available here.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Top Obama aide advises him and represent companies...
- Oklahoma girl, 12, shot suspected burglar
- "Conservative Iowa Woman Sues Law School Claiming ...
- Bill Clinton: "It is true [the economy is] not fix...
- Luckily her dad taught her how to shoot.
- So how quickly does the stock market react to new ...
- Some more bad economic news
- Britain: after a campaign by animal rights activis...
- Media applauds when Obama attacks Romney's wealth
- Fox News Fact Checks Debate "Moderator" Candy Crow...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)