4/05/2011

Media Matters doctors my picture


Media Matters in a series of posts has doctored my picture.

See also here:


Given that Media Matters has no problem using a doctored picture of me (editing the color of my hair, skin, and clothes and distorting my hair) presumably because they presumably believe that it makes me look bad, it is surprising that even people such as Paul Krugman and Brad DeLong never question whether Media Matters will use doctored screen shots of webpages.
A response to Paul Krugman's other false claims is available here.
A response to the above post by Media Matters is available here.

UPDATE: After getting caught redhanded, Media Matters' defense is that the just didn't realize that somehow they had posted a doctored picture. Media Matters claims to be an expert on the most minute details of my life, including frequent visits to my website where there is a picture of me, but at the same time they claim they had no idea what I really looked like and thus they blame someone else for having doctored my picture without their knowledge.



Media Matters claims that "Lott offers nothing to back up that assertion" that they will falsify photographic information. They have just been caught using a photograph of me multiple times that edited the color of my hair, skin, and clothes and distorting my hair. But heck they now claim that they didn't really know what I looked like. Media Matters instead tries reiterating their earlier claim that they hadn't altered one of my quotes after getting caught doing that also. Now they claim they didn't know what I looked like when they use a doctored photo of me, and they say it is fixed anyway because they have changed the picture. Sorry, but changing the photo after you have been caught doesn't undo what was done to begin with. For a website that has made it impossible for me to respond on their website to their many false claims by disallowing me to post responses, it isn't too surprising to see the way that Media Matters tries to extricate themselves from these false claims when they are caught.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gee John.....they certainly did their best to make you look "Eviiiiillll white guy"ish in that photo. Just be glad they did not alter your lip to give you a "bitter, clinging" sneer as well.

4/05/2011 5:27 PM  
Blogger Clovis said...

Wait; which one do you claim is doctored?

4/05/2011 10:24 PM  
Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

Geez, Dr. Lott... I was rather hoping that they had used a photo of Arnnold Schwarzenegger armed to the teeth with lots of firepower!

4/06/2011 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home