Reviewing Obama on guns
1) Reversed the Bush administration position on the UN's Arms Trade Treaty.
2) Appointed strong gun control proponents to the Supreme Court: Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.
3) Ban the importation of semi-automatic guns. See also here.
4) Nominating Andrew Traver to head the BATFE.
5) Constantly exaggerating the claims about crime guns in Mexico coming from the US.
6) New regulations on guns: Requiring Multiple Sales Reports for Long Guns (see here for an update and the fact that the BATF is enforcing this rule even before the 60 day comment period is over) and the "ATF posted a ruling declaring any shipment of a firearm by a manufacturer (FFL) to any agent or business (e.g., an engineering-design firm, patent lawyer, testing lab, gun writer, etc.) for a bona fide business purpose to be a “transfer” under the Gun Control Act of 1968." What possible problem could be pointed to in justifying this second regulation?
7) Fighting to preserve a ban on carrying permitted concealed handguns when people visit the Post Office.
8) The Department of Defense announced that it would stop selling surplus ammunition casings to the domestic market.