Is Huckabee good on the gun issue? Sure, though I am not always happy with his ability to explain the issue. There is no doubt that he is as strong as anyone on that issue. That said, I would have a very difficult time voting for him in a general election. Among the reasons I would have a hard time is that he supports a nationwide smoking ban, "supports a mandatory cap on global-warming pollution," and "limiting the pay of corporate executives." Huckabee's discussion on health care also worries me.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Steroids for the brain?
- Finland: "Gun ownership high, violence low"
- For everyone who has been avoiding the Sun to prot...
- This Supreme Court Case Could Really Cost the Econ...
- Concealed Handgun Permit holders Stop Armed Robber...
- Fred Thompson Answers Questions on Guns for Field ...
- US Troops Cheating on Medical Tests to Remain Figh...
- Another Multiple Victim Public Shooting in Another...
- Obesity 'fuels cancer in women': Wrongly Scaring P...
- Lemuel Calhoon's Review of Freedomnomics
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)