11/09/2007

Huckabee worries me a great deal

Is Huckabee good on the gun issue? Sure, though I am not always happy with his ability to explain the issue. There is no doubt that he is as strong as anyone on that issue. That said, I would have a very difficult time voting for him in a general election. Among the reasons I would have a hard time is that he supports a nationwide smoking ban, "supports a mandatory cap on global-warming pollution," and "limiting the pay of corporate executives." Huckabee's discussion on health care also worries me.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, he comes across as a bit of a nanny stater. I'm leaning towards Thompson currently.

11/09/2007 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to Anonymous. Huckabee has several issues with conservatives.

I like Thompson too.

Did you see his new plan to save Social Security? It appears his strategy is to give straight answers and solutions to the "third-rail" issues as opposed to the hemming and hawing from the other candidates about "...forming a bi-partisan commission to study the issue.'

11/10/2007 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home