I think that this television interview is pretty good, though I would have mentioned that there is no obvious evidence that wild raised salmon have an great advantage over hatchery fish. The higher rate of survival of hatchery salmon up to the point that they are released in the wild is offset by a higher death rate after that, but in the end the overall survivorship rate is the same.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Market Failure: Supposedly not enough diversity
- Big UN push for more gun control
- "Jodie's got a gun: Foster finds social meaning in...
- Jonathan Turley: "A liberal's lament: The NRA migh...
- I wish them good luck with this, but . . .
- Newt Gingrich's Potential Presidential Run is Vict...
- Democrat Economic Proposals
- Racially motivated stress as an explanation for in...
- More on Romney and guns
- Talks this coming week
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)