Here is a discussion of how the Federal campaign finance laws have prevented Newt Gingrich from running for President. So much for campaign finance laws encouraging competition. My book Freedomnomics made similar points regarding the impact of campaign finance regulations.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Democrat Economic Proposals
- Racially motivated stress as an explanation for in...
- More on Romney and guns
- Talks this coming week
- Jonah Goldberg gets it completely wrong on Giulian...
- Romney Campaign in Trouble?
- Media Matters gets it wrong again, this time on Li...
- A wrong explanation for the drop in the value of t...
- Why off-duty police (and their wives) should carry...
- More People Turn to Stun Guns for Self-Defense
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)