I frequently hear the claim that we can't deport 12 million illegal aliens. Whatever the feasiblity of that, it is imortant to note that giving ilegal aliens what essentially amounts to a clean pass will simply encourage more illegals to come into the country. The argument is similar to why you don't let criminals generally go after they are caught.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Getting rid of standardized educational tests in C...
- Hugo Chavez's police blamed "for much of the [Vene...
- Are guns effectively banned in most US cities?
- New gun lock research from Australia
- John McCain Pro-Gun?
- Gov. Ed Rendell seeks mandate for more gun control...
- Canada's sponsorship scandal, finally the right am...
- Weapons grade uranium found again in Iran?
- Single Juror Kept Moussaoui from being Executed
- "twice as big a scandal as the [Canadian] sponsors...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)