The Supreme Court heard the case this week. Kennedy may very well be the swing vote on this case, and I do not take comfort from the way this question is being asked.
. . . . Justice Anthony Kennedy asked whether the state had a minimal obligation under the Constitution to investigate whether it used the most humane method. . . . .
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- England will try to develop a computer system that...
- Appearing on G. Gordon Liddy's Show Today
- More Gun Control Coming for Australia
- Who says that people can't adjust their behavior w...
- Tony Snow, Congratulations
- How to get a large set of land parcels together wi...
- May be there was another benefit from Fox hunting ...
- How could this be?: "Consumer Confidence Highest i...
- Mayor Bloomberg's Conference on Guns Today
- Bloomberg: "London Organized Crime `Out of Control...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)