While this survey doesn't appear to address questions such as women under reporting gun ownership in the home, the results are generally within about five percentage points of most surveys:
A review of Gallup Poll data shows that 4 in 10 Americans report having a gun in their home or on their property, including 30% who say they personally own a gun and 12% who say some other member of their household owns it. Republicans are much more likely than Democrats to report owning a gun, and are also more likely to say they use their guns for hunting. . . .
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- "Lobbyists have given more to Democrats"
- And the winner of the drawing gets
- Banning toy guns?
- The Felon Vote
- Defending Hunters
- Lawrence O'Donnell on whether Vice President was d...
- Scalia goes after arguments for "living Constituti...
- Ontario Crime Rates Highest Where Legal Gun Owners...
- What Canadian Police do to Canadian with Guns
- Life in Law School
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)