While this survey doesn't appear to address questions such as women under reporting gun ownership in the home, the results are generally within about five percentage points of most surveys:
A review of Gallup Poll data shows that 4 in 10 Americans report having a gun in their home or on their property, including 30% who say they personally own a gun and 12% who say some other member of their household owns it. Republicans are much more likely than Democrats to report owning a gun, and are also more likely to say they use their guns for hunting. . . .
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- "Lobbyists have given more to Democrats"
- And the winner of the drawing gets
- Banning toy guns?
- The Felon Vote
- Defending Hunters
- Lawrence O'Donnell on whether Vice President was d...
- Scalia goes after arguments for "living Constituti...
- Ontario Crime Rates Highest Where Legal Gun Owners...
- What Canadian Police do to Canadian with Guns
- Life in Law School
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)