Politico has a long interview with Bobby Baker, long known as the top fixer in the US Senate. Baker, a loyal Democrat, might have viewed the Senate through a slightly colored lens and much of the dirt seems to be on Southern Democrats or Republicans. I have no idea how much of this is a result of the desire for political payback for the political corruption investigation that ended his career in 1963 and lead to an 18 month prison term, but it still makes for very interesting reading (see here and here for all the dirt).
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Buckley, Washington: 67-year-old homeowner shots m...
- Did the Obama administration doctor unemployment d...
- How China determines who gets to be the prominent ...
- The "Nuclear Option" push really begins now
- Why do Democrats like marriage penalties so much?:...
- What does the head of Interpol think that we shoul...
- Shock, Even the liberal Chicago Tribune is calling...
- Even Obama's allies in the press have a hard time ...
- So you don't get to keep your doctor?: Now thousan...
- Newest Fox News piece: Why insurance companies who...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)