9/18/2013

Doesn't Piers Morgan want a review of his forthcoming book? What are you worried about Piers?


By the way, if people read my original twitter post, I wasn't demanding that he send it to me for free.  I was only asking that he "pls send me a copy, I would be happy to review it."

UPDATE: Erik Wemple, "CNN’s Piers Morgan disses potential book reviewer"

Authors know not to turn down publicity for their books. Reviews, blog posts, chats, word of mouth — all of it can help propel your opus up those topseller lists. Never turn down an opportunity. 
Unless, perhaps, you’re a CNN personality crusading for tougher gun laws and the fellow offering a review is a frequent on-air opponent. Such was the scenario that unfolded on Twitter today, with that CNN personality being, of course, Piers Morgan and that on-air opponent being John Lott, author of “More Guns, Less Crime.” . . .  
Perhaps this is a branding thing for Morgan. Bill O’Reilly has claimed the maverick brand; Rachel Maddow the brainy brand; Sean Hannity the ideological purity brand; Ed Schultz the blowhard brand; and so on. That leaves the nasty brand wide open.
UPDATE: February 24th, 2014, from part of Erik Wemple's column on Piers losing his show.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

It never ceases to amaze me that there are those in this world who take such great pride in their ignorance and lack of maturity when addressing another person on any subject that they disagree on.

When I am confronted with a subject that I lack knowledge of, I do try to do my best to listen in order to understand it.

Name calling is what the ignorant resort to when they have no foundation on which to present an counter argument.

9/18/2013 11:53 AM  
Blogger Windy Wilson said...

And the crooked brand. Let's not forget what happened in Great Britain and why Mr. Morgan had to leave.

9/18/2013 6:13 PM  
Blogger Mike aka Proof said...

He only wants reviews from his Piers...

9/18/2013 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home