In a piece earlier this year entitled "Can poor people be trusted with guns?," I wrote about how the common feature of the different gun control bills pushed this year involves their taxes and fees imposed on the purchases of guns or ammo. Now Fox News recognizes this issue, though they miss out on many of the taxes and fees that are being imposed that I discussed in my article.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Obama's EPA Regulatory Overreach in One Diagram
- Has the NSA collected massive data on all American...
- Are you smarter than the President? How many membe...
- Two Dozen House Republicans propose plan for conce...
- Devastating blow to prosecution in Zimmerman case,...
- Is Obama serious that the Supreme Court homosexual...
- Audio version of "At the Brink" is now available!
- Eric Holder's "sixteen scandals"
- Here is what I think is the key quote from Kennedy...
- Obama administration lining up NFL, NBA and Hollyw...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)