With the cost of insurance at up to $2,000, Democrats put the fine for note having insurance at $10,000. Compare that to Obamacare where the fines for not having insurance are less than a quarter of the costs for people whose income is at $50,000. My interpretation is that Democrats are not serious about people getting health insurance, but they are serious of stopping people from owning guns.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Yet another tax for buying guns in Chicago
- NRA's proposal for school safety
- The cost of mandated insurance for gun owners
- As people learn more about the proposed gun laws, ...
- Member of "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" facing gun...
- What does 20 year hiatus in rise in global tempera...
- Pressure on Marines to change standards so that wo...
- Please Watch: John Lott talks abt his book,At the ...
- How environmentalism is threatening Cottontail rab...
- A First Amendment challenge to gun control laws?
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)