Another attack in Europe. From the New York Times:
A 60-year-old man went on a shooting rampage in a village near Belgrade early on Tuesday, killing 13 people, including his son, his wife and a 2-year-old child before attempting suicide, police officials and Serbian media reports said.
The police and the Serbian media said that the man, identified as Ljubisa Bogdanovic, used a handgun to kill six men, six women and the child, whose parents were among the dead. The Serbian Police director, Milorad Veljovic, said the gunman’s motive was not immediately known. Mr. Bogdanovic had lost his job last year, the Serbian media reported, and was a veteran of the Balkan wars of the 1990s, having fought in Croatia in 1992.
The killings happened between 5 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. in the sleepy village of Velika Ivanca, 30 miles, southeast of Belgrade. Police officials said Mr. Bogdanovic first shot his son in the head, before leaving his home and going from house to house, where he killed several of his neighbors and relatives, some of whom were sleeping. Mr. Veljovic said that the neighbors in the village had left their doors unlocked and all were shot in the head. . . .
They said he was not known to have a history of mental illness or a criminal record. The Serb media reported that he had a license for the gun used in the shootings. . . . .
Labels: EU, multiplevictimpublicshooters