With the public school shootings in Germany, it might be worth noting how hard it is to legally own a gun in that country. New registration figures indicate that there are 1.4 million people who legally own guns in the country out of a population of 81.8 million people --- a 1.7 percent rate. Of course, the illegal rate of gun ownership is presumably quite different.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Obama campaign promise: "I Am Not Going To Take Yo...
- Frank Luntz: Public "insisting" that something be ...
- EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson resigns over appare...
- KPCC radio debate: "Do we need more gun laws, or j...
- The real cost of the New York newspaper that publi...
- One of the problems with background checks for gun...
- A reminder that criminals are killing criminals.
- Does anyone think that there will be a multiple vi...
- Does Obama want to go over the Fiscal Cliff? Some ...
- Piers Morgan petition tops 70,000 signatures
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)