With the public school shootings in Germany, it might be worth noting how hard it is to legally own a gun in that country. New registration figures indicate that there are 1.4 million people who legally own guns in the country out of a population of 81.8 million people --- a 1.7 percent rate. Of course, the illegal rate of gun ownership is presumably quite different.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Obama campaign promise: "I Am Not Going To Take Yo...
- Frank Luntz: Public "insisting" that something be ...
- EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson resigns over appare...
- KPCC radio debate: "Do we need more gun laws, or j...
- The real cost of the New York newspaper that publi...
- One of the problems with background checks for gun...
- A reminder that criminals are killing criminals.
- Does anyone think that there will be a multiple vi...
- Does Obama want to go over the Fiscal Cliff? Some ...
- Piers Morgan petition tops 70,000 signatures
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)