Lars Larson, the radio talk show host who lives in Portland and who I have known for many years, and Brent Busch, who I don't really know, have informed me that the mall where the attack occurred took place in a mall that had posted signs banning concealed handguns. Here is the statement that I received from Brent.
Here is a discussion of another mall that was posted as a gun-free zone in Salt Lake City. Of course, the 2007 Omaha, Nebraska mall was also a gun-free zone (I wrote about it at the time here).
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Wealth per country and per person
- Some background on other Concealed Carry Cases Aro...
- More Democratic Senators come out against Obamacar...
- Good Democrat Firm Google Uses Shell Company in Be...
- Scalia point on moral values and laws against homo...
- Election results send small business owners into d...
- Another Obama tax that people might not have known...
- More evidence that taxes affect behavior
- Can government ever divorce politics from its acti...
- "Paul Krugman riles fellow pundits"
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)