Lars Larson, the radio talk show host who lives in Portland and who I have known for many years, and Brent Busch, who I don't really know, have informed me that the mall where the attack occurred took place in a mall that had posted signs banning concealed handguns. Here is the statement that I received from Brent.
Here is a discussion of another mall that was posted as a gun-free zone in Salt Lake City. Of course, the 2007 Omaha, Nebraska mall was also a gun-free zone (I wrote about it at the time here).
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Wealth per country and per person
- Some background on other Concealed Carry Cases Aro...
- More Democratic Senators come out against Obamacar...
- Good Democrat Firm Google Uses Shell Company in Be...
- Scalia point on moral values and laws against homo...
- Election results send small business owners into d...
- Another Obama tax that people might not have known...
- More evidence that taxes affect behavior
- Can government ever divorce politics from its acti...
- "Paul Krugman riles fellow pundits"
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)