In raw numbers the first figure means that the number of permits issued per year for women rose from 8,994 to 31,614 and for men rose from 44,113 to 112,111. Meanwhile, the share of permits going to whites fell from 92% to 86% over this same period. The information for various years is available from the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Partisan beliefs about government size depend on w...
- Some EMTs and firefighters want to be able to carr...
- The wrong lesson is being learned from the Aurora ...
- Federal Grants being used to get major network TV ...
- Obama administration lets politics influence decis...
- NASA spending huge $ each year maintaining buildin...
- Pharmacist uses gun to prevent theft of drugs
- Democratic Congressional Candidate Faces Voter Fra...
- The impact of the recent multiple victim public sh...
- Chicago Folds on Teachers' Union demand on tying p...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)