I can understand laws against texting while driving, but state governments can pass these as well as the federal government. It was amusing to see all Democrats attacking a national reciprocity law for concealed carry as impinging on state rights have no problem with regulating driving laws across states. The new Senate legislation is discussed here.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Dem Congressmen use Class Warfare against Pelosi
- One way to look at job growth
- Ginsburg tells Egyptians not to look to the US Con...
- Newest Fox News piece: The bad news behind the Jan...
- Is Obama's desire to subsidize manufacturing jobs ...
- The number of working age Americans "Not in Labor ...
- Is Romney really in favor of raising the minimum w...
- Newt's comments on Romney's statement about the po...
- Germany's unemployment rate continues to fall
- Well, there are also crazy drivers in other countr...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)