A copy of S&P's report is available here. The report warns of further possible downgrades. S&P is basically calling for tax hikes. I am not sure how they reach this conclusion as opposed to calling for more spending cuts. No real explanation is given on this point.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Racial Violence in Wisconsin
- Two interesting polls
- Newest Fox News piece: The S&P Downgrade Is a Wake...
- Some real economic damage caused by Obama's FCC
- Maxim's new piece at Fox News: Proposed U.N. Treat...
- The debate over the death penalty is being picked ...
- New Fox News piece: Looks Like We're In a Recessio...
- Jake Tapper takes on Carney government doesn't cre...
- John Stossel shows how little changed government s...
- This is a recovery?: Comparing the percent of the ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)