A copy of S&P's report is available here. The report warns of further possible downgrades. S&P is basically calling for tax hikes. I am not sure how they reach this conclusion as opposed to calling for more spending cuts. No real explanation is given on this point.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Racial Violence in Wisconsin
- Two interesting polls
- Newest Fox News piece: The S&P Downgrade Is a Wake...
- Some real economic damage caused by Obama's FCC
- Maxim's new piece at Fox News: Proposed U.N. Treat...
- The debate over the death penalty is being picked ...
- New Fox News piece: Looks Like We're In a Recessio...
- Jake Tapper takes on Carney government doesn't cre...
- John Stossel shows how little changed government s...
- This is a recovery?: Comparing the percent of the ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)