Well, if people don't like the light from these CFL's, they can use the bulbs for the July 4th fireworks
A compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) is to blame for an accidental electrical fire in Hornell Wednesday morning, said Steuben County Fire Investigator Joe Gerych.
“Those are the lights everybody’s been telling us to use,” he said. “It blew up like a bomb. It spattered all over.”
A CFL on the ceiling burst, said Gerych, and gas inside the CFL bulb helped start the fire. He added exploding CFLs are rare.
The North Hornell Fire Department responded to a call from the McNeill residence, 7185 N. Main St. Ext., Hornellsville, a little before 7 a.m. Wednesday, said North Hornell Fire Chief Mike Robbins.
The department arrived minutes later and extinguished the fire in about 15 minutes, said Robbins. The fire didn’t spread beyond the room of origin. Robbins said the room where the fire started, and everything in the room, was destroyed in the blaze. The rest of the house suffered smoke and water damage. . . .
Labels: compactflourescentbulbs, Environment, GlobalWarming