Democrats cut $500 billion from Medicare and it is Republicans who are going to destroy it? With the huge deficits created by Democrats, that will be what threatens Social Security the most. If the deficits were still around $160 billion per year as they were the last year that the Republicans controlled both the Congress and the presidency, there would be much less of a threat to Social Security. I am hardly a fan of keeping Social Security or Medicare as they currently are, but it seems that the huge deficits that Democrats have created are what really endangers Social Security.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Americans are upset that Obama is giving money to ...
- Replacing lower marginal tax rates with a tax syst...
- More Democrat dirty tricks?
- How to remove combat forces from Iraq: Change the ...
- Vanity Fair Reporter writes false claim about Pali...
- Sharpton explains that why a state senate district...
- Washington Times on the Obama administration block...
- Media this coming week
- Get ready for the battle over the third stimulus
- Homeowner "turned the tables on his intruder"
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)