North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue instituted a state of emergency that allowed her to issue the order when Hurricane Earl recent passed the state. A discussion of her order is available here. Not all the links on the website worked so I wasn't able to check out all of the article's claims.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- "41 Obama White House aides owe the IRS $831,000 i...
- Does Obama ever get tired of so relentlessly attac...
- Environmental jobs don't do very well
- Castro says that Cuban model doesn't work any more...
- Missouri burglar wishes that he had broken into an...
- Obama's federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid ...
- Washington Times Editorials on the Stimulus
- Democrats coming out against Obama's tax changes
- California Planned Parenthood over bills governmen...
- Robber surprised by guns in Cafe
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)