5/06/2010

Silly surveys on who is the more aggressive driver?

To me the bottom line is that the insurance premium is higher for boys than girls. What may be aggressive driving to girls might not be considered aggressive driving by boys. I am not certain about what to make of these surveys. It seems to me that the bottom line in terms of safety is what counts.

In a survey of teenage drivers, Allstate Insurance Co. found that 48% of girls said they are likely to drive 10 miles per hour over the speed limit. By comparison, 36% of the boys admitted to speeding. Of the girls, 16% characterized their own driving as aggressive, up from 9% in 2005. And just over half of the girls said they are likely to drive while talking on a phone or texting, compared to 38% of the boys. . . .

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Right Guy said...

Women do worse things than text. How about putting on makeup? And where I work, a woman was using her laptop while she was driving. She stopped short and the laptop slammed against the floor, breaking the usb cell card and the usb port. She had no reason why this happened... I would say woman have a bigger propensity to multitasking and I can attest to it as aside from being married to one, I see while riding a motorcycle and it scares the @#$% out of me.

5/06/2010 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home