5/26/2010

Obama commits Plagiarism?

I wonder how much coverage that this will get.

In 2002, George W. Bush said the following:

West Point is guided by tradition, and in honor of the "Golden Children of the Corps," (applause) I will observe one of the traditions you cherish most. As the Commander-in-Chief, I hereby grant amnesty to all cadets who are on restriction for minor conduct offenses. (Applause.) Those of you in the end zone might have cheered a little early. (Laughter.)

Because, you see, I'm going to let General Lennox define exactly what "minor" means. (Laughter.)

During his commencement speech this weekend, Obama said this:

"To the United States Corps of Cadets, and most of all, the Class of 2010 - it is an honor to serve as your Commander-in-Chief. Under our constitutional system, my power as President is wisely limited. But there are some areas where my power is absolute. And so, as your Commander-in-Chief, I hereby absolve all cadets who are on restriction for minor conduct offenses.

So I'll leave the definition of "minor" to those who know better."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Raven Lunatic said...

If this really is a time honored tradition, and the basic points are the same, how many ways can you say basically the same thing?

5/27/2010 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home