I am sure glad that there is a video of this because the verbal description released by the police and the local Fox News affiliate paints a quite different picture. The person with the permitted concealed handgun obviously feels surrounded (note the discussion of him pointing the gun to the left and right) and then an assailant charges him and tries to hit the permit holder with his fists. It is only when the permit holder is being charged at that he fires his gun.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- The Real explanation for government inefficiency: ...
- Corruption in Washington
- The Pressure Democrats are Feeling to Let the Gove...
- New Intrade Numbers show that Brown now has a 60 p...
- Climatologist suggests that NOAA manipulated tempe...
- McCain defends Sarah Palin
- With big majorities in both the House and Senate, ...
- "Proof: More guns = less crime"
- Voting buying is alright, and they can still do it...
- Bad regulations are OK because they just won't be ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)