Roll Call reports that negotiations over global among House Democrats "blew up last night." This sticking point is over how agriculture will be dealt with in the bill. It seems as if there is some bad blood between the two sides. House Agriculture Chairman Collin Peterson (D-Minn.) told Roll Call: “Many didn’t like it. ... The bottom line is we’re not going to consider anything unless we actually see the language and have it for three or four days so we can figure out what it does.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Health care legislation moves forward in House
- Shattering the myth that the Obama plan would pay ...
- Remember Medicare and what was promised for it
- Democratic Senator involved in insider trading
- PBS moves to end Religious Programming on its Airw...
- When did the White House approach Brokaw about the...
- "Being mugged [in the UK] is now part of my everyd...
- Fox News: ObamaCare Will Save Money? Don’t Believe...
- A liberal is upset by Obama's broken campaign prom...
- Arizona Senate votes to allow permitted concealed ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)