12/23/2008

The Impossibility of getting information out of the Minnesota Secretary of State

I guess that I needed any evidence that the Minnesota Secretary of State is purely political is their unwillingness to respond to requests for information. Last week when I wanted information on the ballots before the Canvassing Board telephone calls were not returned. This week they will not respond to email or telephone requests for even a key for an excel spreadsheet that they have on their website. I have the very strong impression that they have no desire to provide information to anyone who might be critical of their actions. Yet, I have reason to believe that they work closely with liberal bloggers who are supportive of Franken.

UPDATE: I got an email from the SOS office today, but it didn't contain the information that I had asked about and they apparently had sent the email just as they were leaving their office. I sent an email that wasn't responded to and when I called they had obviously already left their office.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Hyunchback said...

I don't know why you should think this election is being stolen by the hypocrite Franken who spent years accusing Bush of stealing the 2000 election.

Just because the votes for Franken keep appearing out of thin air is no reason to suspect that someone is cranking them out in a back room.

No, there is NO reason to suspect that Al Franken is a two-faced liar who is more than happy to take the seat away from the better candidate and person.

12/24/2008 6:57 AM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Dear Hyunchback:

Thank you, but I don't think that we gain a lot by calling people liars, etc.. However, that doesn't mean that mistakes aren't being made and that those mistakes alter the election outcome. The SOS office should also be called on the carpet for not providing information in a timely manner.

12/24/2008 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home