10/18/2008

Ann Coulter reminding everyone about the problem with relying too much on polls to predict election results

Ann's piece here is well worth reading.

Reviewing the polls printed in The New York Times and The Washington Post in the last month of every presidential election since 1976, I found the polls were never wrong in a friendly way to Republicans. When the polls were wrong, which was often, they overestimated support for the Democrat, usually by about 6 to 10 points. . . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥ Kat said...

Why have I never heard it mentioned that the polls are only as good as the people that are willing to answer them? I think polls are often skewed towards liberals because conservatives decline to answer a pollster or just do not answer the phone. I, for one, do not answer my phone intentionally so that I don't have to deal with it...

10/22/2008 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home