On thing that seems to be left out of much of the news coverage on Obama wanting to talk to countries such as Iran is that Obama wanted to do it “without precondition." Obama cites many cases where he says that talking to others was helpful, though he ignores that Reagan and others had preconditions on talking. Rich Lowry has a discussion on the success of the diplomacy that Obama cites.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- NBC selectively editing Bush's remarks
- Evaluating the Supreme Court's decision on voter I...
- New Op-ed up at Fox News: Secret Ballots May End i...
- Obama thinks that we need the approval of other co...
- Predicted number of Hurricanes to fall by 18 perce...
- Little recycling available for fluorescent light b...
- Ruth Ginsburg is Scalia's best friend on the Supre...
- Most guns caught being brought into Canada are fro...
- Michael Barone has two interesting points this wee...
- On "Bradley Effects" and Reverse "Bradley Effects"...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)