The Transportation Security Administration is apparently about to unveil the new holster that will be used by the Flight Deck Officer (FDO) program (the armed pilots program). You really have to see the picture of this holster to believe it. I hope that all this is a joke, but I haven't had a chance to check it out with some pilots that I know. I suppose that this is better than the lock box that pilots have been having to use.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- SF Gun Ban Thrown Out by California Appeals Court
- "Colorado Raid Angers Family"
- Virginia Governor Tim Kaine pushes for more gun co...
- Permit holder loses permit for pointing gun a stor...
- Clinton's crying made her appear sympathetic
- 80 Year Old Woman Stops Mountain Lion with Gun
- Do People vote their self-interest?
- More thoughts on Campaign Finance Reform
- The problem with the claim that lethal injection f...
- Another example that incentives matter
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)