12/03/2007

Michelle Obama (Barack's wife) sees need for guns in rural America

“My wife, she was traveling up, I think, in eastern Iowa, she was driving through this nice, beautiful area, going through all this farmland and hills and rivers and she said ‘Boy, it’s really pretty up here,’ but she said, ‘But you know, I can see why if I was living out here, I’d want a gun. Because, you know, 911 is going to take some time before somebody responds. You know what I mean? You know, it’s like five miles between every house.”


Well, I know Barack from when we were both at the University of Chicago Law School, and I have the strong belief that he does not think that any private citizens should be able to own guns and that he never came across a gun control law that he didn't like. This appears to be a bit of election time conversion or that his wife has different views than he does.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

It's amazing how hostile Obama and Clinton are to gun rights. I think John Kerry looks like Harlon Carter next to either one of them.

12/03/2007 3:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The real hypocrosy is when they deliver a speech that espouses gun control for the average citizen, while they have armed guards surrounding them. They need the security of course, it's just that they can't imagine why anyone else could need protection.

I think Rosy O'Donnell is a good example of what I'm talking about. She got on a high-horse, while she was paying thugs to guard her loveones...hypocrasy.

4/13/2008 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Someone who knew Obama when he had a real job! Personally, I think the Dems and Repubs both are hellbent on destroying the first 10 Amendments, depending.

4/13/2008 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home