Right-to-carry States Map

Say Uncle has a map of right-to-carry laws. I like that the map points out gun free zones, though I have two points.

1) I wish that 98 percent of Montana was shown as green. You only need a permit to carry a concealed handgun in urban areas, which make up virtually none of the state.

2) I wish that they had shown the other big gun free zone shootings, for example, at the Lubby's Cafeteria in Texas in 1991.



Anonymous JM said...


The map does display the location of the Luby's Cafeteria massacre...it happened in Killeen, TX.


5/15/2007 10:45 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Thanks, I just looked at it too quickly.

5/15/2007 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This map seems innaccurate to me.

I live in WA. To my knowledge, OPEN carry is not permitted.

See David Workman's treatise on concealed carry in WA.

All my best...


5/16/2007 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home