Former Senator Fred Thompson (R-Tennessee) on the verdict: "There was no indication that a law had been violated ... When you put too much power in the hands of unelected, unaccountable people who have every incentive to focus massive resources onto one particular person -- who gets the plaudits in the media for doing so -- it's a bad thing. And many, many times an injustice can occur."
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- The Lancet estimate of 650,000 Iraqis Dying a Frau...
- Walter Reed Veteran Medical Care and Public Provis...
- Ann Coulter on Edwards
- Dramatic Defensive Gun Use Saves Woman's Life
- Some cities that require people own guns
- Concealed Handgun Permit Rate in Minnesota
- Is the draft Gore movement going anyplace?
- Yet, more problems with Wikipedia
- "Denying self-defense to GIs in Iraq"
- NY Times also gets Jim Zumbo case wrong
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)