3/11/2007

Fred Thompson for President

My guess is that if former Senator Thompson decides to run for President, he has a better than even chance of winning. I think that he would have all the benefits of Giuliani without almost any of the costs. My one concern regarding Thompson is his support for campaign finance reform, but beyond that I think that he would be a great candidate. Newt would also be great, but I worry that he would find a general election race much more difficult. If Thompson entered the race, I don't think that Newt would run.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Not Available said...

John, you said, "My guess is that if former Senator Thompson decides to run for President, he has a better than even chance of winning."

Did you mean the Republican nomination or the Presidency?

3/12/2007 9:33 AM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Dear Don:

I think both. I think that he would get the Republican nomination and then win the general election.

3/12/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

By the way, I think that he came forward in part because of Newt's moves this last week.

3/12/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Not Available said...

I don't think Fred nor Newt will actually run or only for a little while. I think they are trying to infulence the other candidates to be more conservative in their views. If Fred or Newt actually run, I'll have someone to vote for!

3/14/2007 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,
What exactly would be involved in campaign finance reform?

3/15/2007 5:13 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Dear Anonymous:

He voted for McCain-Feingold and he spoke in favor of it.

3/15/2007 8:03 PM  
Blogger Ratbuster said...

I would vote for either Fred or Newt (or both) over Rudy G. and espcially over McCain. Republicans have had it with RINOs as indicated by the last election.

3/19/2007 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home