My guess is that if former Senator Thompson decides to run for President, he has a better than even chance of winning. I think that he would have all the benefits of Giuliani without almost any of the costs. My one concern regarding Thompson is his support for campaign finance reform, but beyond that I think that he would be a great candidate. Newt would also be great, but I worry that he would find a general election race much more difficult. If Thompson entered the race, I don't think that Newt would run.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Review of Clayton Cramer’s terrific new book, "Arm...
- Vote Fraud in New Jersey
- Two Concealed Handgun Permit Holders Stop Public S...
- Proposed Credit Card Regulations
- Defensive gun use caught on Cell Phone Video
- Unions spending $10 Million to $20 Million to Atta...
- DC Gun Ban Struck Down
- The real aim of campaign finance reform?
- Proposed law for Georgia allowing guns stored in c...
- Incentives matter even among birds: threats to des...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)