10/02/2006

Rosie O'Donnell Shocked by women with Guns

Here is an exchange on ABC's The View between Rosie O'Donnell, Barbara Walters, Joy Behar (Left of center Comic and guest co-host), and Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Conservative foil. Formerly a participant on the second edition of "Survivor: The Australian Outback"). Given that Rosie has used bodyguards for protection, it is strange that she doesn't understand the need for self-protection.

Behar: "...Women are more, a little bit more snotty, though, and nasty to each other. But they talk it through, they don't hit and they don't drop bombs and they don't shoot. They don't play with guns. So that's ...
O'Donnell: "Yeah."
Hasselbeck: "That's so stereotypical...I know plenty of women who pack a gun."
O'Donnell sounded shocked by Hasselbeck's statement and asked in amazement:
O'Donnell: "Seriously?"
Hasselbeck: "Yeah."
O'Donnell: "You know women who carry a gun?"
Hasselbeck: "Sure."
O'Donnell: "Who are not police officers?"
Hasselbeck: "Who were not in uniform."
O'Donnell: "That they just carry it in case they get attacked? Like friends?"

Minutes later, Walters equated Hasselbeck's knowledge of women with guns to the ineptness of her fellow View hosts:
Walters: "...I would like to say something about my colleagues."
Behar: "What?"
Walters: "One of them says, I know women who carry guns. I mean, that's a great message. This one [pointing to Behar] doesn't even know how to hold up a prop. This one [pointing to O'Donnell] doesn't know how to swallow a cold drink. I mean, what is with you people?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great, specially what Barbara Walters said at the last part! I wish I'd seen that show now!

10/03/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Rosie's bodyguards were armed prior to 9/11.

I wish that I had also seen the show.

10/03/2006 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home