Omaha will allow people to carry concealed handguns. The recently passed concealed handgun law in Nebraska allowed local jurisdictions to opt out and ban carrying in their jurisdiction. So far only Kearney, Nebraska is banning concealed handguns. My prediction is that in a couple of years after people are allowed to carry concealed handguns that even Kearney will change its mind.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Movie on "Radical Islam's war against the west"
- Bush Vetoes Federal Funding of Stem Cell Research
- A national voucher program?
- Mexicans generally believe the election results
- Banning Cigarettes, Now Cooking Oil. Is banning I...
- John Fund: Ronnie Earle's Circus continues
- John Fund: The "New New Hillary"
- Alphecca says that you have been warned
- Estimating the cost of terrorism and the benefits ...
- Awarding $1 million randomly to someone who votes
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)